Wednesday, December 15, 2010

DIY Wednesday: Christmas Cards


 I finally finished my christmas cards. I swear I spent way too much time of my life on these, but I wanted them to be special for the people I give them to. I found that recycling was my best friend during this process. Everything I used was just lying around- paper bags, folders, fake flowers, ribbons from old presents, broken ornaments, buttons. 




I want to show you how I made one of the cards.

You will need
Thick paper
Decorative paper
Paint
Toilet paper
A fake flower
Hot glue gun
Optional: Pen

Step 1. Use strong paper to cut out the size of the card you want.

Like so.

 Step 2. Add paint. I used Antique White. 

 Step 3. Rub the paint on the card using crunched up toilet paper. Let the toilet paper rub off onto the paint, creating a textured effect. 

 Like dat.

 Step 4. Let dry. Then add decorative paper onto the spine of the card.

 Step 5. Cut the petals and leaves off of the fake flower.

 This is to make sure they are flat as possible.

 Step 6. Arrange them however you fancy, and glue everything together. 

 Step 7. Glue the flower onto your card.

 Step 8. Write a message.


2 comments:

  1. Awww, how cute are those!!!

    I should really do that, im still not done with my christmas shopping!!!

    Im almost done with me bows though!

    Marja <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, these looks lovely :)
    You have done a super job *claps*

    ReplyDelete