Friday, November 5, 2010

Remember Remember the Fifth of November

Happy Guy Fawkes Day.
Let's celebrate with an unrelated photo stream.


My dirty old hat used to be my grandmothers. Even after a bit of research there is no evidence as to where it came from, or who designed it. My only clue is a logo on the inside that says "Designer Collection", if anyone has an idea please let me know! 


On my schedule for today
-Watch V For Vendetta
-Download Joanna Newsom's Have One on Me
-Paint my friends birthday portrait 

Now I figure it is important to bring up the title of this post. Toady is November fifth, and Guy Fawkes Day. Guy Fawkes was one of the 13 men who plotted to blow up the British Parliament in order to restore England to a Catholic Faith. I will leave the rest of the story for you to research, it really is an interesting part of history. 



"I hope that whoever you are, you escape this place. I hope that the worlds turns, and that things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you.
-V for Vendetta



3 comments:

  1. It is sad that people are actually forgetting the history behind Guy Fawkes' night. Now it's just "Bonfire night". x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Lauren! It's a shame.
    And thank you, Pansey Lane.
    :)

    ReplyDelete